Sunday, October 5, 2014

AYM/September

I'm a little late getting the layouts posted this month, but better late than never!!

This month's "Back to School" topic was "Home"work---to be interpreted any way. I was so impressed at how different those interpretations were. One---whose layout is not below---used the building of their house as the subject.
 Jeanne's layout---"Study Buddy"---is about her best friend. Her journaling is below.

 This is Jeanne's "History" layout from last month.
 "My Time of the Month"---is so perfect! This is Carla M.'s layout---about---ME!! I'm so flattered. I don't think I've ever had someone dedicate a page to me. Here's here journaling:

Once a month I anticipate receiving a package from Barb.  My assignment is to use the kit and the suggested topic to tell a story from my life in a scrapbook layout. 

My niece, Erin, actually got me involved with this effort.  We were at a scrapbook retreat in Kinderhook, MO and Barb and some of her friends and relatives were attending.  My outgoing niece kept an eye on everyone and began to notice that there was something special about Barb.  By the end of the weekend she wrangled her way into Barb’s AYM Club.

The rest, as they say, is history.  Last summer we visited Barb at her home in Nashville.  Barb, we can never thank you enough for including us in your club.
 "Home Work" is Erin's layout. Her journaling:

I guess you can say I have always been a fan of “homework!” From the time I was l little I always wanted to help around the house- vacuum, laundry, cleaning and the like. I really never minded traditional homework in school either, I liked school and studying. In high school I realized it interfered with my social life so it annoyed me a bit then. College is a completely different story.  As an adult, while I do not love chores, I MUST have a clean and organized house. Without order I would go crazy. Although I have had a cleaning lady since 2011, I still in my mind must Swiffer the floors daily as well as wipe down the bathroom counter. I guess there are worse quirks to have!
Janet's layout is titled "Help is always welcomed." Her journaling: 
“Home” work can be dull and tedious. It also seems a lot of the work revolves around food and eating. So any Help with getting everyone fed and cleaning up the after math is welcomed! Jackie has been my right hand helper since she was able to sit on the kitchen counter and stir ingredients in a bowl together. Now she is defiantly my co-planer and sous-chef; if not the chef. Evie is showing an interest in helping now too. “Wash” is her favorite contribution; she actually thinks it’s a grand thing to do. Ron will cook his spaghetti and ox tails, he has now made his own tomato sauce due to his bumper crop of tomatoes 2014. At large gatherings everyone gets to participate in some way – it may be making special deserts, peeling shrimp, or dishing out the final product. There are also times that the main course is prepared outdoors which also takes volunteers. Helping hands makes yhis kind of Home “work” more enjoyable, the time goes more quickly and you’re usually sharing thoughts and opinions of what is happening as it takes place. Which leads to a long lasting memory.
 Susan's layout---"NO Homework."
 Karolyn went with "tea parties & HomeWork" about her daughters riding the bus to her mother's house after school. She had each of the girls do the journaling. It was amazing that both girls journaled just about the exact same thing.
My layout titled "HOME"work. Journaling:

For me, "home" work was truly working at home. I was a "stay at home mom" since Sandy was born.  My work has always been at home. Butch was working full time and going to school so the work at home has always been on me. Then, while he was building his career---which included an immense amount of travel---I carried on at home. I made all household decisions whether they were financial or maintenance related. I feel very fortunate that I was able to be with my girls as they grew up. It all went by way too fast. I'd say that was the best kind of "HOME work."

On a side note: once Butch retired, he started to take a personal interest in the "HOME"work. I have been more than happy to relinquish the reins. He does what I consider to be the "un-fun" home work---like handling the insurance, home repairs, grocery shopping, errands, etc. Most of the time now-a-days, I can say my "HOMEwork" is DONE!!!

This is Carla B's. history layout from last month.


No comments:

Post a Comment