Friday, March 9, 2012

AYM/3

One of our members that was unable to attend the meeting asked that I include what we discussed during class. Here are a few of the things that I can remember. Feel free to leave a comment if I leave anything out.

1. I commented on the fact that everyone has become a storyteller---my personal goal for these classes. Some tell longer stories than others. Whatever you choose to do is okay. Another comment was made that their family would not bother to read what they wrote, but would just want to look at the pictures. That may be true for right now, but I guarantee you that 50 years (even 25) in the future, people are going to be interested in how we live. Think about things like old diaries, autograph books and cookbooks that we might come across today. We find them interesting, but much more so if they belong to one of our ancestors. Pictures alone may not be all that interesting to people in the future. It's the stories behind the pictures that make them (and us) immortal. (Okay, I didn't even say all that in class).

2. On this next assignment---scrapbooking our faith---can be pretty personal and private. I've included a little envelope that you can tuck your journaling in. You do not have to share your words at anytime if you prefer to keep them private.

3. Here's my "faith" layout. My title is: "Believe me, growing up Catholic wasn't always easy." I told a couple stories about my experience with the mean nuns in grade school. I did my journaling on a transparency. Again, the little book on the upper left, I treated like a fold out. It opens on the outside of the page protector.
I cut the large cross free handed from one of those 12x12" filigree type papers. You can barely see the "believe" here. I painted it yellow, used a scrap of the leftover filigree paper as a mask and painted blue over the top.

I think that's about all I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment